Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Get Rid Of Append.dll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 replica

replica

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:12 PM

Hey good people, I have Spyware Doctor on my pc (run on windows xp sp2) and lately it started reporting me about Adware.Agent.Bn infection which I find difficult to remove even with the help of mentioned tool. It says it fixes it but while the new scan is being run the same infection is always found again. It also reports that Spyware Doctor blocks an application svchost.exe attemtping to write to the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\WINDOWS, APPINIT_D LLS="C:\WINDOWS\system32\append.dll"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,277 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:02 PM

What type of anti-virus are you using? Have you tried doing your scans in "Safe Mode"?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 replica

replica
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:04 AM

Sorry, what you mean by type? It is Antivrus added to Spyware Doctor as 2 in 1, not sure about its "type".
And yes, I didtry safe mode. It didn't help. This append.dll is not going.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,277 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:47 PM

Your hijackthis log is posted here.

After posting a log you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log in the thread titled "Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?".

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team. If you still need assistance after your log has been reviewed and you have been cleared, please PM me or another moderator and we will re-open this topic.

Thanks for your cooperation and good luck with your log.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users