Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ugly start button...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:50 PM

Here's the deal. I used to have Windowsblinds, but it kept screwing up, so i got rid of it. I'm back to the classic Silver xp theme right now, but the START button is still freakin green.

This should be an easy fix, but i can't freakin figure out how to make it silver like the rest of the toolbar. How do i do it? (XP SP2)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:02 PM

Hi Heretic Monkey, :thumbsup: to BC.

The biggest problem with people using programs like windowsblinds and styleXP is that when they uninstall it, they forget to set everything back to the default state. Then they run into problems with their normal themes. You said you got rid of windowsblinds already but I would re-download and install it, use it to load the windows classic theme, and try using the silver theme. If everything is OK, then go ahead and uninstall windowsblinds.

Edit: I take that back, the silver theme has that green button normally. I can't tell you how to change the buttons color.

Edited by Ronbo, 20 February 2005 - 11:06 PM.

There is no justice, there is just us.

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:30 PM

Hi Heretic Monkey, :thumbsup: to BC.

The biggest problem with people using programs like windowsblinds and styleXP is that when they uninstall it, they forget to set everything back to the default state. Then they run into problems with their normal themes. You said you got rid of windowsblinds already but I would re-download and install it, use it to load the windows classic theme, and try using the silver theme. If everything is OK, then go ahead and uninstall windowsblinds.

Edit: I take that back, the silver theme has that green button normally. I can't tell you how to change the buttons color.

The thing is, i've restored XP since then. My box got a virus a while ago, so i had to reformat the HD and re-install XP. I did that, and chose the silver XP theme, but the Start button stayed the same color as the default theme....

I don't think Windowsblinds had anything to do with that, i just felt like adding some useless background info.....

#4 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 21 February 2005 - 04:45 AM

i say the only way to get rid of the Green start button is if someone has done the Windows XP Silver theme and just changed the button to another clolour say red, silver, blue or something. if you use the windows blinds or styleXP. i had style XP but didn't like it. also had longhorn transformation pack too but took it off, well i had but still sort of there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users