Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings Earthlings

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Christohperrobin

Christohperrobin

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:49 PM

Hello people - I'm a PeopleSoft programmer with a medium sized university in the Southeast, and I found this place in my quest for relief from some nasty software/malware/virus which has taken hold of my laptop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Members
  • 2,090 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:07 PM

Hi Christohperrobin, :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Please check out the New User Orientation section to help get familiarized with how the board works.

There is also a really good Tutorials section that has lots of useful information.

Again, Welcome to Bleeping Computer, a friendly user community. We hope your stay here is enjoyable.

Edited by SpySentinel, 26 November 2007 - 07:07 PM.

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:53 PM

Hello, Christohperrobin.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:22 AM

I have always liked Peoplesoft.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Christohperrobin

Christohperrobin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:22 PM

Hey well thanks for the welcome guys. Right now I'm going through the "Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log" in an attempt to remove the PAK_Generic.001 virus/spyware/malware or whatever it is from my laptop, and this problem is of course what piqued my interest in your site. When that's done I will post a log in the appropriate forum.

I've run Ad-Aware about 6 times now and it keeps finding stuff. If this continues, which forum should I use to start a thread?

Thanks again,
Chris

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:40 PM

I've run Ad-Aware about 6 times now and it keeps finding stuff. If this continues, which forum should I use to start a thread?

The best forum to inquire about that application would be the AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods forum
Additionally if you are asking just about repeated issues of finding malware and it is malware related the best forum would be. Am I infected? What do I do? forum.

Thank you to the staff member for advising me I left out half my reply. :thumbsup:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:01 PM

Hi and welcome...Maybe I'll see ya at the house at Pooh corner :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 Christohperrobin

Christohperrobin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:10 PM

Maybe so - there is a story behind that. One fine day when attempting to come up with a unique AIM ID, I was stymied trying to think of a name that hadn't been used, every alternative I came up with was already in use. I became so flustered in fact, that I misstyped Christopher Robin as Christohperrobin (the h and the p are switched), which of course AOL instantly accepted, after all, who ever heard of Christoh Perrobin? I must admit I have grown fond of the name however...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users