Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opening Port In Kaspersky

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:19 PM

Hi,

I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.0.125 and I would like to open port 50815 UDP for use with Azureus. Please can someone tell me how to do this safely?

Thanks,
Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:17 PM

Are you sure you don't want to open a tcp port? (READ FURTHER DOWN)

From KAV support

set the firewall to training mdoe and you'll recieve popups when connection attempts not defined in the rules are made.

You should not open a port, instead set a number of rules for the application on your PC.
If KAV firewall does not allow this, I advice that you use a different firewall like Zonealarm Free.
By opening a port you render yourself vulnerable. Instead you need to allow access for a specific application.

Hope that made sence. :thumbsup:

*edit added impotant notification

*edit2
If I'm not making sence. Feel free to ask again.

Edited by nightspydk, 26 November 2007 - 07:20 PM.

#3 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:58 AM

Hi nightspydk,

I set a new rule in Kaspersky with the description: 'Allow Inbound & Outbound TCP connections, where: Local Port: 50815.'

Was that the right thing to do?

Thanks,
Joe

#4 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:05 AM

Hi Joe. :thumbsup:

The port number is fine.
TCP is allright.
Inbound + outbound, yeah you need that.
The problem is, I'm running another firewall than you, and how you set that stuff up is different for me.
I cannot say since I do not use KAV. Isn't there some sort of manual with that thing?

Sorry about that. :flowers:

#5 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:38 AM

Hi nightspydk,

Thanks for the advice. I'm happy that it's secure. I couldn't find a reference to what I wanted to do in the help files.

Thanks again,
Joe

#6 SuperHackers

SuperHackers

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:03 AM

Hi,

I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.0.125 and I would like to open port 50815 UDP for use with Azureus. Please can someone tell me how to do this safely?

Thanks,
Joe

to open a certain port,u need to port forward.go to www.portforward.com.im using kaspersky internet security 2009 n i think its the best AV.port forward is the safest way to allow port.

Edited by SuperHackers, 25 June 2009 - 12:10 AM.

#7 zoneyoutwonk

zoneyoutwonk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:06 AM

I have the same problem & i'm using KAV 2009 as well. I've done the portforward business already. What do I need to do in KAV09 to sort it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users