Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

networking

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 raycoppola

raycoppola

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:06 PM

ia share a wireless internet connection with router with both machines running XP. when I run the XP wizard to netwrok them to share files and printer the wizard appears to complete sucessfully but then I can't access shared folders from either machine getting this message:

\shareddocs folder is not accessible. you may not have permission to use this network resource. contact the admin. to find out if you have permission. the network path was not found.

any clues as to what is causing this? i'm also running norton internet security.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 21 February 2005 - 01:59 AM

Go to the drive or file you want to share and right click on it select sharing . If you share a drive I would recommend password protection .

acklan
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 02 March 2005 - 06:40 PM

After you ran the wizard on the first machine did you make the floppy and then set up the networking on the other machine with it or did you run it manually.

Also file shareing must be enabled on both computers to share files.
Other than the individual computer names all computers in a network must use the same setup scenarios. and paremeters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users