Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's the difference?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 screamingb

screamingb

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 20 February 2005 - 09:39 PM

Hi we purchased a refurbished via ebay. It was stated that the computer had a GV-6VM7A + ver 3.2. Upon going to a site recommended by a user here for purchasing RAM in which a scan of your computer is done, it would seem that we have a GA-6LX4(686LX4) I was wondering if anyone would be able to assist and tell us the difference ? Thanks and Cheers Kim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hays47

hays47

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:55 AM

Went to Giga-byte web site . The GV-6VM7 is a socket 370 pentium 3 board. It will take up to a 1.4 ghz pentium 3. The other model GA-6LX4 was not listed. Either that model was not made by Giga-byte or they made it for another computer company like Dell', HP, Compaq. Post the make and model number of your computer and I might be able to help you more.
I plan to live forever , so far , plan is working.

#3 screamingb

screamingb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2005 - 01:34 AM

Thanks so much for your response it is greatly appreciated....I've since learnt via the gigabyte site that the GA-6LX4(686LX4) is a discontinued line, and the GA-6VM7A could be upgraded where as the first one can't....Thanks again for your reply... cheers from Australia....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users