Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scanner Not Working Properly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 blueczar

blueczar

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:51 AM

My hp scanjet 2300c scanner has been working fine for nearly two years. A few days ago when I went to scan there was a horizontal black line in the middle of the page every time I tried scanning, but the rest of the image worked. Then it started not scanning properly at all, the image appears faded with lines on it - here's an example: http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3176/oldcoinspt2.jpg
Is there anything I can do about this or will I need a new scanner?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:48 AM

I had this problem a long time ago, something went bad in the scanner and I had to replace it. Maybe todays scanners are different, but I would think that it needs repair or more likely, replaced. They don't cost as much as they use to, as soon as the one I have gives out I'm gonna replace it with one that scans negatives... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:53 PM

I would say it's a carriage or drive belt, or a worn gear problem. Maybe even the servo motor. When it scans, the carriage is jerking.
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 26 November 2007 - 10:54 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 blueczar

blueczar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:06 AM

yep I think I will get a new one, as they are really cheap nowadays - I've seen new scanners around for $70

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users