Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Can I Remove The Limit Of My Internet Connection?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 anjo03

anjo03

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:35 AM

HOW CAN I REMOVE THE LIMIT OF MY INTERNET CONNECTION?

i heard my friends talking about removing the internet limit connection.

can someone help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:42 AM

Hi anjo03

If you do find a way, please be sure and let us all know. :flowers: :thumbsup:

At the moment I would say that the only way would be to pay a lot more money to your ISP, but I would love to be proved wrong.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 anjo03

anjo03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:56 AM

aw.
i'm hoping for an answer not a question also.

they unlocked their connection

before it was just 50kbps. per second, but when it was unlocked it came to 1mb. i dunno how to do that.

#4 seedsofchaos

seedsofchaos

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:01 PM

I've never heard of anything as simple as "unlocking" an internet connection. I have worked for a few ISPs before...

If you are speaking of a broadband connection such as DSL or cable then the only way to get more bandwidth is to upgrade the package that you happen to have. With either, depending on where you are downloading from, the actual download speed is going to vary. From some places you might see as little as a few kbps and with others you might see 300-400++kbps on a standard package.

You can find what kind of speeds you are getting by running a speed test:

speedtest.net
speakeasy.net/speedtest

Also, though, if you are having problems with slow speeds and you believe that they are far lower than what you are paying for you might consider contacting your ISP so they can take a look from their end and see if there are any issues. I know that in many cases that speed issues can be a result of faulty equipment, provisioning errors, and even problems at a central office (if you have DSL) or at your phone box outside the house (again with DSL only).

If you could be a little more specific I might be able to point you in the right direction. Where are you seeing the speeds you are getting right now? What kind of package are you paying for? Download/Upload? Who is your ISP?

#5 anjo03

anjo03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:48 AM

heres my point.

the internet line is connected to a internet router.

then to the LAN

The type of connection is PPPoE

i want to do it since my friends are talking about it.

hope you get the point

#6 jase07

jase07

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:03 AM

maybe they use a bandwidth limiter like DU super controler or the router settings enabled the QoS which can limit the consumption of every unit connected to the router by direct or by switch.

in DU supercontroler you have to know the password to set your speed into unlimited on the other hand, you shoud know the username and password of router and have some knowledge editing the settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users