Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Migrate Local Users

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alfatech

Alfatech

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:42 AM

Hi all ,:thumbsup:

I would like to know if it's possible to migrate users from a standalone windows 2000 server (in a workgroup) to a windows 2003 domain. all i need to migrate is the user accounts and the passwords. Allong with the new server all the software wil also be replaced. thus all groups and user right will created, i just need the accounts and passwords.

thanx :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tswsl1989

tswsl1989

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:57 AM

Not an expert on W2k, but you could try looking at the Scripting Center on Microsoft Technet. There are examples of scripts to import\export users, and for setting\changing passwords.
There should be enough info for you to export the users and then import them to W2k3.
Tom

Tswsl1989
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users