Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying To Install Ym But Error Msg Says"404 Not Found"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gneb

gneb

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:38 AM

i was trying to install yahoo messenger on a friend's laptop but a messagebox appears saying "Download of file has been cancelled or interrupted. 404 not found." then the buttons are just abort and retry.. when i click "retry," the same message appears. could anyone help me pls?

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 trodas

trodas

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:32 AM

Maybe it is a broken link? Tried downloading just about anything else? :thumbsup:
For example updated M$ installer? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

If that does not work either, scan your computer for mallware/viruses and if negative, then ask your ISP if there is not any problems on his side. They will probably try to deny it, tough.

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway :) my config

#3 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:38 AM

Right 404 that usually a connection problem.

#4 CTH_Tom

CTH_Tom

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:33 PM

Are you using a download manager?
X

#5 gneb

gneb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:28 AM

Maybe it is a broken link? Tried downloading just about anything else? :thumbsup:
For example updated M$ installer? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

If that does not work either, scan your computer for mallware/viruses and if negative, then ask your ISP if there is not any problems on his side. They will probably try to deny it, tough.

my friend said she tried installing other software and it worked ok. only YM is having problem. i'll try to scan it AVG though tomorrow. thanks guys

by the way, she's not using a download manager...

Edited by gneb, 27 November 2007 - 05:34 AM.

#6 jase07

jase07

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:17 AM

maybe the connection is intermittent, the latest beta of yahoo messenger is version 9 which is about 13mb. yahoo only provides a 300+kb download to their site, which after you run, will download the real installer. so if your internet connection cuts off during the download, the applet wouldn't continue downloading it and an error will occur.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users