Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bitmap to jpeg batch conversion

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lurkynot

lurkynot

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 20 February 2005 - 08:25 PM

Anyone know of a batch utility to convert bitmaps - which are scanned documents to jpegs that consume much less space ? I have approximately 6 gigs of scanned documents in bitmap format. It would take forever to convert them one at a time. Thanks :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2005 - 09:41 PM

Hi lurkynot, :thumbsup: to BC.

Have you tried IrfanView? It is free and easy to use and it has a batch conversion function, but I have never used it (the batch conversion function that is).

http://www.irfanview.com/
There is no justice, there is just us.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:07 PM

I have used Irfanview to convert bitmaps to jpegs on an individual basis, and the conversion has worked quite well.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 lurkynot

lurkynot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2005 - 08:11 PM

Thanks to Ronbo and jgweed. This site along with your knowledge and others makes all this pc stuff that much more enjoyable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users