Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mp3 Filesand Car Cd Players

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 na999

na999

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:16 PM

I have an audio book on cd in mp3 format. It plays just fine on my computer and on my home dvd player but not on my home cd player or my car cd player. On the home cd player, the tracks are seen and it shows as playing but no sound at all. On the car cd player it sees the tracks but does not even start playing. The disc is closed and finalized. I have tried breaking it down to smaller files using an mp3 splitter program (it is over 500 meg - long book - over 18 hours) but still the same. I have tried using mp3 bit rate converters on the full sized file and the split files. No go. I have tried re recording on different media disks, no go either. I have had this trouble with other audio books as well. I have no problems at all with music mp3 files, same recorder, same software and same media, just large file audio files. I do not want to convert them to wav files as they would require more than 18 disks. Any idea where I can find information on the mp3 archive characteristics so I can maybe manually adjust the parameters and metatags? I would really like them to work in my car cd. Car is a 2007 BMW with upscale cd/mp3 player and works on all other mp3 cd's except audio books.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users