Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bandwidth Monitor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ataryu

Ataryu

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 12 July 2004 - 08:33 PM

I was wondering if there were any programs that monitored your download rate. I have a cable connection and not very often, but sometimes it will slow down very badly and will time out. It doesn't last long but its annoying. So I wanted a way to monitor my bandwidth so I know what its at all the time. I have tried to search for programs like this but the ones I have found only monitor how much bandwidth you are using. Not how much you have to use....lol. I searched C-Net and tested about two....I was being lazy. I figured this could be a shortcut. And if no one knows I could always try to test all the progs I can find....and do....a lot of installing...and....un-installing...and god thats alot of work, lol. So you can see now that I'm lazy. Anyone know of any progs?

Thanx for your help :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2004 - 11:11 PM

I have a client who lives by this program: NetPerSec Download from link below:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1735,00.asp

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2004 - 11:46 AM

I have tried to search for programs like this but the ones I have found only monitor how much bandwidth you are using.

There are several sites that will analyse, based on ACTUAL downloads and uploads, how fast your computer is; but I do not think it is possible to monitor, or even TEST, how much you have potentially (as Aristotle writes, you cannot have a science of non-being).

If you want to test you speed, try several different tests over a two day period, at different times. One such speed test (I have used this several times) is found at:

http://www.dslreports.com/tools

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Ataryu

Ataryu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2004 - 03:39 PM

Thanx for the reply ;) I have been using that site. Its just when my connection starts timing out I can not load the site to test my speed :| So its hard, lol. Thats why I was looking for a monitoring program.

Oh well,

Thanx again :thumbsup:

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 13 July 2004 - 10:27 PM

You might want to check out NetStat Live from Analog X.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Ataryu

Ataryu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2004 - 10:36 PM

It still not what im looking for, but thats the best im probably going to do. Lol, what I want doesn't exsist.

Thanx ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users