Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gateway Mx6131 Laptop Driver Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 25 November 2007 - 01:40 AM

Hi Heres my problem,
my brother has the gateway mx6131 laptop. As we all know after a while computers get jam packed with crap so he asked me to re-format for him. I am a user of demonoid and downloaded a version of windows xp MCE(that is valid and works perfect). When i re-installed windows I used that version, and of course i had to install drivers. So i transferred the drivers over to my 1gb u3 enabled san disk cruzer micro(the drivers listed on gateway's download page) None of htem Work. the video driver installer says "Your system does not meet the requirments to install this driver" And the others just dont work. Mostly all i care about is the audio and the wireless Card. Of course i am getting the "Oh man what did you do to my laptop routine, but i assured him i would get it done eventually.(You all know how it goes). I have kiled and re-loaded a million computers so I am very good at it and have never had a problem like this before. after the mce didnt work i used the disc that came with his computer to re-install windows(the recovery consolole) and before windows started it had this like loading screen saying installing drivers installing this installing wireless. blah blah blah so i figured it would work. And that didnt work either. I have a PCMCIA Wireless internet card(D-Link DWL-G630) I cant get that to work with any drivers i have. I dont know what to do Somebody please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Robert Isbell

Robert Isbell

• Banned
  • 428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 25 November 2007 - 01:53 AM

you'll need to use the Disk that came with the wifi card, or go to dlinks site and download them. which version of XP is he now running? Pre Sp1, Sp1, or SP2?

#3 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:47 AM

no no no, he has the built in wireless card. I just tried using that dlink card just in case i couldnt get the internal card to work. and he bought it January of 06 and it came preloaded with xp home edition so i assume its sp1

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:43 AM

Have you tried Driverguide.com. I will look around today when I get back home if you haven't found them yet.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:00 AM

This is off the track...but I did not know that MCE (or any other O/S) is downloadable.

Never mind, I see that Demonoid is now an offline torrent site, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonoid

I guess I'm wondering why you had to use a torrent for an O/S.

Louis

#6 Robert Isbell

Robert Isbell

• Banned
  • 428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:06 AM

okay, you're going to have to update to SP2 first. and then go to gateway and download all the appropriate drivers and patches, and put them on a dvd or usb to be able to get his system updated.

#7 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:34 AM

I am on SP2 Now. The Networking driver on Gateways webiste, still wont install. Now i am going to try that other website you gave me

#8 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:42 AM

driverguide.com stinks! it has NO drivers for the mx6131 PLease help me figure this out.

This is off the track...but I did not know that MCE (or any other O/S) is downloadable.

Never mind, I see that Demonoid is now an offline torrent site, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonoid

Louis

Because i wanted a version of windows xp mce that i did not have?

#9 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:08 PM

driverguide.com stinks! it has NO drivers for the mx6131 PLease help me figure this out.

Louis

Because i wanted a version of windows xp mce that i did not have?

Per the Bleeping Computer's Board Rules:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.

Please do not ask again for help in illegal activities.
You will not receive any further help on this subject.

This topic is closed.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users