Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox And Internet Explorer Automatically Closing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kadris_Mieryu

Kadris_Mieryu

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:47 PM

whenever i have a couple tabs open and they have alot of pictures or something like looking at a profile on myspace my web browser just closes by itself and when i tried this with internet explorer it closed after it showed the default homepage for a couple seconds. i have the latest version of both and im on windows xp sp 2. i think it may have to do with cpu usage but im probably wrong

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:08 PM

When the browsers close, is an error message generated?

I've noticed that you didn't complete the cleaning process in your HijackThis topic a few months ago.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106306/troj-brave-or-brave-sentry-i-think/

It may be a good idea to perform scans for Malware/Adware.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 Kadris_Mieryu

Kadris_Mieryu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:13 PM

there is no error message and i kinda forgot about that since school started

#4 Kadris_Mieryu

Kadris_Mieryu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:58 PM

alright that worked thanks for the help, now why didnt i think of that......

#5 JHickman

JHickman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:10 AM

I am having a similiar problem. When entering a page that requires a username & password, my browser (both IE 7 and Firefox) just close. No error message. I spoke with someone else and they were able to help me to get Internet Explorer working again by going to Tools/Internet options/Advanced Tab and unchecking the "Enable third-party browser connections". If this is the same problem for Firefox, I am not sure where to find these options. Please help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users