Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

So, Which 7600gt To Get?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Asch

Asch

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:11 PM

Current:
AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 2.2Ghz
1GB of DDR
nVidia 6100

XFX GeForce 7600GT
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814150185

EVGA GeForce 7600GT
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814130062

Foxconn 7600GT
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814186025

My current rig does suck, but I'm just hoping to play the games I will be receiving soon on at least medium-low, (The Orange Box, Unreal Tournament III, and The Witcher).

With that said, which card would be the most efficiently capable of running said games on said settings?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:38 PM

Without haven't checked your links, there should be little variation with the cards. Only thing is the ramdac and the cooling. Ramdac is like ram for the vga.
That would be what I would keep my eye on. Then obviously the price and what else comes with package. games etc.

I wouldn't pay to much attention to all that buy evga stuff. Maybe it's a show-off thing. If you can find a cheap asus, that would be my favorite.

Just my cents. :thumbsup:

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:15 AM

I'd say go with XFX or EVGA. The XFX is 2$ cheaper and has 10mhz higher clock (which really isn't a big deal). The XFX also looks cooler IMO, but once it's in your computer and flipped over that doesn't really matter.

With a 7600Gt, you'll only be able to play those games you mentioned on low, maybe medium settings. Unreal tournament might be a bit demanding on the card. My friend has that EVGA 7600Gt and he says it kind of lags on low settings playing Team Fortress 2.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 Asch

Asch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:16 PM

Alright, thanks for the replies guys.

EDIT: Also, another question. I have a stock PSU (300w, came with my pre-built eMachines) and I'm wondering if I can install my card without worry.

I've tried watt calculators and it seems to peak at 250-ish watts. And if I do not have enough watts, what will exactly happen?

AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Two sticks of 512mb DDR Ram
nVidia 6100 (on board)

One 200GB HD
One Optical Drive (Dual Layer DVD+-RW)
Not too sure if there are any fans.. Probably just one
Two Speakers
Five open USB ports (nothing connected to them, I believe)

Any MORE help will certainly be appreciated.

Edited by Asch, 25 November 2007 - 09:18 PM.

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:28 PM

You should be alright. My friend has one with his Dell 305Watt PSU. These companies usually under rate their power supplies anyways.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users