Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ati3duag.dll Problems, Blue Screen O' Death

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Teraphim

Teraphim

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 24 November 2007 - 12:32 PM

I use WinXP sp2, and have an Radeon X1950pro video card.
Ok when I play certain games(Final Fantasy XI and ES4:Oblivion) I sometimes get a blue screen message about a memory dump error.

It reads ati3duag.dll address BF24BA1C base at BF16C000 Date stamp 472a9e78.

I've been getting these for a while and its getting to the point I can't enjoy my games. Any help would be greatly welcomed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 12:55 PM

Take a look: http://www.ngohq.com/ati-discussion/11589-...l-death-et.html

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 24 November 2007 - 01:10 PM

How much RAM do you have?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Teraphim

Teraphim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:48 PM

1GB DDR, I'm going to get more soon but I'm going to see if the 1st response works.

#5 Teraphim

Teraphim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:08 PM

Well I'm back, for a about a week it worked fine then I started getting the screens again, although only about half of them list atiduag as the problem. Most either say there is a device driver error or that there is a memory dumb error. It looks like I'm going to be getting another GB of DDR memory for x-mas. Again if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:03 AM

Have you tried updating your video driver?

How to update a Windows hardware driver
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:59 AM

I have two old ATI AIWs (7500 and 9600) and I find that they work best when I use the original drivers, while ignoring updates of any sort.

When things go wrong with ATI cards/chips, I believe the best thing is to delete everything in the registry and file system that says "ATI" and then just do a reinstall of the card/chip, using original drivers.

Louis

#8 Teraphim

Teraphim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:32 AM

Well, its been a while but after trying the advice above I finally gave in and wiped my pc clean, reinstalled only what I had to and for 3 months it worked w/ no probs. But now its back and I'm determined not to have to start over a 2nd time. Has there been any new info about this?

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:57 AM

IMO...ATI drivers are flaky, to some extent. They seem to work fine for a given period of time...and then I suspect corruption of some sort occurs and the driver screws up (along with other system functions).

The only cure that I find for dealing with this is to just assume that uninstall/reinstall (from the beginning) will restore the functionality of the drivers.

Example: 2 days ago, I was getting a BSOD out of nowhere. Culprit reflected was an ATI driver. I booted into safe mode, ran Autoruns, temporarily disabled all ATI items starting at boot...achieved successful boot.

I then took a look in Device Manager, it reflected the fact that my ATI card needed drivers installed. I rebooted, XP installed the default ATI drivers...and I have had no problem since then.

File corruption is my catchall explanation for anything going wrong in XP which cannot be laid at another doorstep :thumbsup:.

Louis

#10 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:42 PM

Video drivers aren't protected like some of the system files are. So if a program dumps something into a video driver it's likely to go unnoticed until something goes wrong - that's when the "guess it was corrupted" diagnosis gets offered.

Most problems are solved by updating to the latest version of the video drivers. Some are more stubborn and require that you uninstall the video drivers before installing the new one's, and still others are so recalcitrant that you've got to use driver removal tools before installing the new ones.

And, despite all of this, there just some cards that seem to prefer the older drivers to the newer one's.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users