Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brand New Laptop Will Not Start Up! -blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:01 AM

Hello I just bought this laptop like 10 hours ago at a thanksgiving store I brought it home and install firefox and AVG on it.

then like 45 min ago I checked windows updates and there was about 10 updates it told me to download so i clicked download then 2 min after they started downloading my screen flashed and i got a blue screen and it said alot of information before i could read it the computer shut off.

Now when i try to start the computer i get the following message.

Posted Image

https://ssl-proxy-updated.herokuapp.com/6f77d5fb07b4873c62485feef6eaced827bb162d/687474703a2f2f696d673235362e696d616765736861636b2e75732f696d673235362f373031352f696d67353534347a61302e6a7067/

Can you please help Its brand new

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:08 AM

The error points to your Intel video drivers as where the error occurred (not necessarily the cause of the error) by pointing to the igdkmd32.sys file.

Try booting into Safe Mode by pressing F8 immediately when the Windows screens first appear. Or, you can launch Startup Repair by following these instructions: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/e...2f3f351033.mspx
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:09 PM

Thanks i was able to boot in safe mode from there i did a system restore. I have determined that it was a windows update from Intel that caused the problem. The following driver was responsible for this issue:

Intel Corporation driver updates for Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family - Optional - Publish Date 10/3/2007

#4 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 25 November 2007 - 01:27 AM

I would take it back and demand a new PC!!
MCP
MSDST

#5 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:03 PM

eh its fine without that update haha

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:46 PM

I don't get hardware device drivers from Windows Update. There's no need (IMO) to update them if you're not having problems. Also, the basic driver available from the hardware manufacturer is sometimes modified by the computer manufacturer - and then they may have to modify it further to get it listed on Windows Update.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2007 - 07:38 PM

Yeah windows shouldn't give them out if theres any chance of this happening if I knew nothing at all I might have said its broken and buy a new one. haha

#8 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:06 AM

I had the exact same thing happen to me, although the Video Update was done by itself, so I knew exactly what caused it. It was a major pain in the butt though. :huh:

Vista has a nice little application that will list the updates, whether they were successful and if you got a Blue Screen, what the parameters are. I googled the parameters and nothing came back..... :huh:

So far I am impressed with some of the new things in Vista and heck, you need to jump in to learn how to swim. I managed to get an Acer laptop Aspire 5315 w/a Celeron 530 and 2Gig of RAM. It is running pretty good. :huh:

So if anyone has found a resolution to this problem, I would like to know. :huh:

Thanks.

DR

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:27 AM

What were the parameters of the BSOD? Recently I've seen a rash of issues with video drivers due to Windows Update - so I'd recommend updating your video drivers from the manufacturer of your video chipset (rather than the computer manufacturer or Microsoft).

#10 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:54 PM

I just did system restore right before I did windows updates, Then I did windows updates and left that intel driver out. now it works fine!

#11 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:05 PM

Here is the Blue Screen code. The first BCCode is preceeded by 0x000000. It doesn't google to much, at least not yet. :huh:

BCCode: d1
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 00000004
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 8B5FCAD4
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

DR

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:02 AM

Here's a link to your error message: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0xd1

I would suggest searching your hard drive for files ending in .dmp. If you find any, pick the most recent and use this link to perform an analysis: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246

Paste the results here and we'll see if we can figure out what caused it.

#13 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:56 AM

I did some more updates last night as well. Left out the Intel. :huh:

Then I attached a DVD burner and made a set of Factory Default discs as well as Present Configuration disks and also the Drivers and Apps disk. The recovery manager in Acer is very nice. I'm usually not partial to OEM software.

That is a nice page on DeBugging. I noticed they said it would most likely be a driver issue. :huh:

Now, next is an upgrade from Home Basic to Home Premium, using the windows anytime disc. I have my fingers crossed. :huh:

DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users