Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:07 AM

I recently started up Outlook Express as my mail carrier, and have run into a problem, with a couple of e-mails they did not get sent, I went back to my Internet mail I still have with AOL, and I believ it went through.

I don not know what is wrong and am hoping you might have a suggestion.

I am posting the error report information :

First of all I have no Idea what this means;

SMT
Posted Image

Secondly this is about the maiul that could not be sent.

Posted Image
Errors

As always Your help will be much appreciated

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:53 AM

It would seem like either they have been blocked or there is problem with the recipient address.
Sometimes a mail-adress wind up in a spam filter. Sometimes by coincidence.
I would try sign up for a freemail like yahoo and send it from there.
Help you determine where the source of the problem.

Just an idea. :thumbsup:

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:27 AM

I suggest you double check your OE configuration. Your ISP should have the information you need to set it up. Make sure everything is spelled correctly, that all the punctuation is correct (. instead of , this is a common mistake).

As for the mail you cannot send-that error is usually used for an address that is not correct.
0x800CCC79

Try sending the email again and double-check the spelling of the recipient's email address. Especially, make sure the domain part (the "@something.com" part) is correctly spelled and that the .com, .net, .org, etc. ending is correct (e.g. typing @something.com instead of @something.net will give you this error). Also check to make sure the address is .com (or whatever). Another common mistake is actually mispelling com or net. Yes, I have done that, took me an hour to figure out I had typed .ocm instead of .com

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:51 AM

Since it seems that some E-mails DO get sent (and you can check on-line in the sent messages folder), then the problem appears to be with your E-mail provider and its server, or just plain user typos as suggested by Queen-Evie.
In either case, I would change E-mail providers (Google's Gmail comes to mind since it is free and allows POP access).
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:32 PM

I did go to my internet mail at aol and sent this they also remember the address, it was mailed, I waited for a few minutes Ill go back and check, but I am sure the address is good, but will double check as I did paste it in OE, I really want to keep OE, so if the problem persist I'll call the ISP and check.

I have a feeling that there is a problem other than the address, I'll post back when I find it.

Thanks

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#6 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:02 PM

Gentlemen,

I belive that you are right and that I owe you my pardons, as I have looked a little closer, I have discovered a coma at the end of one of the e-mail addresses in question, I'm sure that it does not belong there, . . ever so grateful, thank you much.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:30 AM

I think many of us have learned the hard way that E-mail activities are overly persnickety about details. I am happy to hear that the problem is solved.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users