Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Somebody Plz Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ichigozu

ichigozu

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 24 November 2007 - 12:19 AM

HEY GUYS! WELL THIS IS WHATS UP MY COMPUTER RUNS REALLY SLOW. AND IT DID THAT SHORTLY AFTER I GOT IT (USED) BUT B4 THEN IT WAS RUNNING SMOOTH. ALSO WHEN I TRY TO OPEN PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING IT TAKES A WHILE THEN GIVES A PROMPT SAYING "WINDOW CANNOT ACCESS THE SPECIFIED DEVICE, PATH OR FILE. YOU MAY NOT HAVE THE APPROPRIATE PERMISSIONS TO ACCESS THE ITEM" BUT SOMETIMES ITLL OPEN. AND IT NEVER DID THAT. I THINK I MADE HAVE SCREWED UP UP BCUZ ON DAY I OPEN UP MY TASK MANAGER AND END THE PROCESS OF SOMETHING CALLED EXPLORER OR SUMTHIN LIKE THAT BUT I ONLY DID IT BCUZ I USE FIREFOX AND THOUGHT IT WAS REFERRING TO INTERNET EXPLORER BUT I GUESS IT DIDNT. THNX ANYONE TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 24 November 2007 - 12:44 AM

How long has it been slow? Do you have any system restore points back when it worked smoothly? If so try to set it back to that date. You may also want to try Chkdsk/f this will run a test at startup and may fix some problems
Go to START
then RUN
type CMD
a black command box will open then type: Chkdsk/f
it will ask you if you want to run the test on the next startup type Y for yes hit enter
next line type EXIT the box will close
restart your computer and the test will run on start up

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:26 AM

I'd suggest taking a look in Event Viewer (for errors), looking for clues to what requires attention.

What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html

One or more of the following may be useful:

10 Reasons Why Your Computer Runs Slow - - http://www.bestsecuritytips.com/xfsection+...rticleid+43.htm

Slow Computer - http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22278

As always, malware should also be considered and eliminated by actions on your part.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users