Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where can I go to get infected with TargetSoft

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,622 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 12 April 2004 - 11:46 AM

Anyone know where you can go to get infected with TargetSoft or Winhost32? Yeah you heard me, I want to get infected so I can create a tutorial on using LSPFix which is an important tool to use, and one that if someone uses wrong can seriously affect their computer.

Aren't I dedicated? :thumbsup:

So if anyone knows of some sites that infect you with that...please share it with me.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 12 April 2004 - 09:29 PM

Aren't I dedicated? 

You certainly are! :flowers: :trumpet:

Don't know of any specific site. But you might try Googling for "cracks" & wander around some. No telling what you'll catch. :thumbsup:

Are you using some kind of monitoring software? CalamityKen turned me on to FileMap. Have to reboot to see what changes have been made tho.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,622 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 12 April 2004 - 10:04 PM

Nope I am not using a monitoring software. Just installing stuff and seeing what hijackthis shows me on the next run :thumbsup:

Filemap looks interesting though and will take a look at it. Thanks for the recommendation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users