Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card Not Responding To Driver?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jaheebajizzle

Jaheebajizzle

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 06:01 PM

I'm having trouble with my graphics card. It's an ATi Radeon XPress 1150. I recently reformatted and reinstalled Windows XP on my Dell Inspiron 1501. But now it's doing this weird thing where the screen will go black like it's hibernating, but it won't do anything unless I restart. I've downloaded and installed all the new drivers but it continues to do this. At one point, it even went to a blue screen of death per se, saying that it would not boot Windows for safety. I do not know what I have done wrong here. Help would be much appreciated, thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 24 November 2007 - 01:57 AM

You have no idea when it started acting up. If you did install a program/driver at the time?
You can have a look in your evenwiever.
start -> run -> eventvwr.msc
See if there is an error that occures at the time of the lock down.
You can right-click those, select properties.
If you cannot decipher it, try post it and that BSOD. Type down the full error if you get again and post it here.

#3 Jaheebajizzle

Jaheebajizzle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:51 AM

I was not installing anything at the time of the error. This has happened several times though.

Here are the errors from the eventviewer:

Application Errors:
Faulting application cfp.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module , version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Failed to compile: Accessibility, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a . Error code = 0x80070005

EventType clr20r3, P1 ccc.exe, P2 2.0.0.0, P3 451d264f, P4 cli.component.wizard, P5 2.0.2651.30729, P6 46157263, P7 b2, P8 0, P9 system.nullreferenceexception, P10 NIL.

Product: Microsoft Works -- Error 1305.Error reading from file: D:\MSWorks\Common\MSShared\WkShared\1033\OEM\WorksPSS.chm. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Errors:
The XAudioService service failed to start due to the following error:
XAudioService is not a valid Win32 application.
(Happens twelve more times)

The Comodo Application Agent service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

The XAudioService service failed to start due to the following error:
XAudioService is not a valid Win32 application.

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom0.
(Happens two more times)

The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.

(Happens two more times)

The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.

The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time.

Time Provider NtpClient: An error occurred during DNS lookup of the manually configured peer 'time.windows.com,0x1'. NtpClient will try the DNS lookup again in 15 minutes. The error was: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. (0x80072751)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These just repeat over and over. I really am confused about it. Thank you once again for your time. Much appreciated.
"When I was an Alien... Cultures weren't opinions." - Kurt Cobain

#4 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:23 AM

I hope some will make more sence out of that log, than I can.

2 things.

1/ I cannot see there are any error that indicate any problems with that vga.

2/ As far as I can tell that xaudio service is somehow tied in with your nic. I'm not really sure what it does. There are severel problems with your internet connection.
Have you got problems accesing the net. Is it online?
Have you installed the latest drivers you need for your internet connection?
I'm not totally fishing. Wrongly configured nics can create some strange behaviour.

I am fishing just a bit. I'm quite in the dark here. Sorry. :thumbsup:

#5 Jaheebajizzle

Jaheebajizzle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:27 AM

Quite alright. Thank you for your time. I have been able to access the net, the only problems are when I attempt to log on the first few times, it does not completely connect. It only opens the port. It is working fine though, and all drivers for it are updated. But thank you again. :thumbsup:

#6 Jaheebajizzle

Jaheebajizzle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:12 AM

It just happened again. I believe I've spotted the error in question. If anyone could make some sense of this, it would be deeply appreciated. Here it is:

System Error: Category (102) Event 1003

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 f2db83b8, parameter3 f770d0ac, parameter4 00000000.

I hope someone can help me here. Thank you once again for your time.

#7 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:38 AM

As a generel rule of thumb, if should be somewhat safe to say most lockups, random reboots, shut downs are caused by
Bad RAM
Low Power
Heat
Also a BSOD most often is a sign of failing hardware.
All this is not always so and the kind of freeze you experience, would make me think only the RAM could be responsible.

You could try run memtest86. Run it when you don't need to access the laptop, during the night or something, since it can take a long time to finish. See if it goes through without problems.

The BSOD is an error code, as you can see. This error code is the only number that would any sence to anybody and it's the number you would want to paste in google, ms knowledge base or whereever else you deem appropriate to searh for info on it.
The last 4 sets of codes are an adress in your system of that specific hardware/software that is responsible for the crash.

Since you cannot say when you started having this problem, I also assume that you have no clue as to what the cause of your distress. Your not playing games, running high video demand software, clicking on a file.
You see where I'm going.

This is the best advice I can think off for the moment. :thumbsup:

edit
Here is a short description of the BSOD.
http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x7e

Edited by nightspydk, 25 November 2007 - 05:31 AM.

#8 Jaheebajizzle

Jaheebajizzle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:53 AM

I've resolved the problem. Thank you for your help. It was all just a means of rolling back the driver. :thumbsup: Thanks once again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users