Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 elauck00

elauck00

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:24 PM

Hi, i have i believe 6 usb ports. 2 of them not connected through the mobo, but through a hub i believe. They used to work just fine, then randomly they decided to stop working. I know they have power because when i plug my webcam in it lights up. Nothing is recognized though. I cant charge my ipod or anything like that. Please HELP!!! I have a GIGABYTE nForce4sli GA-K8n-Sli mobo

Edited by elauck00, 23 November 2007 - 05:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2007 - 06:30 PM

Do you have an external USB hub or are all of these ports on the actual computer? If this is a custom build try re-installing the USB 2.0 drivers Found Here. You may need to download RSS feed software for your web browser if the page doesn't load correctly.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 Robert Isbell

Robert Isbell

• Banned
  • 428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:26 PM

okay on the PC itself, how many USB ports are on the back and how many are on the front? what make and model of motherboard do you have?

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:01 PM

I have a GIGABYTE nForce4sli GA-K8n-Sli mobo

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +