Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Incredibly Sluggish Internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CN1021

CN1021

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:03 PM

Sometime last night I started having problems loading pages, sometimes it would take 5 refreshes before a page would occur. i thought this was just my ISP at first since this occurred on all the other computers in the house, however, now that it's the next day... my internet is still sluggish and it's just my laptop, since the other computers are having no problems what so ever with their connections.

I've ran essentially everything I could run, Spybot, Ad-Aware, my anti-virus software, everything but my internet is still buggy and I don't know what else to do.

I use the latest version of firefox, I run Windows XP Professional. I have a Dell Inspirion E1505 for about a year and a half now.

Any sort of help would be incredibly helpful! Thanks a lot in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 06:02 PM

Hi CN1021,

Start by going through BC's Topic Slow Computer?, Use this troubleshooting checklist.

This article provides standard steps to follow if Firefox is no longer working properly: Standard diagnostic - Firefox.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users