Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Bitcomet Behaviour

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:25 PM

Each time I try to run BELARC ADVISOR, it gets through profiling my machine and almost finishes checking on SECURITY measures. At that stage BitComet pops up and says "Unable to read torrent file. Please try again...."

As far as I am aware, I only have BitComet associated with Torrent files, so can anyone explain this for me?

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:19 PM

Presumably Belarc regards such applications as insecure. Simple solution (and stay legal in the process) is to remove BitComet.

#3 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:57 AM

There are many legitimate uses for the bittorent protocol today. Many games are available for purchase online via a bt download. Linux uses it and so it grows on a daily basis.
Files released on trackers does not nessarily contravene copyright legislation.

Bitcomet er is considered a faulty/hacked client on many trackers and I advice you use another. Try utorrent.

Just my cents. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users