Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstalled Aol

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:33 PM

Posted Image

Please tell me what I should do about these files, as I have Uninstalled AOL, the only file remaining in Add/Remove is the AOL Uninstaller.

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:03 PM

Hi JOVE

You may find help here http://anti-aol.livejournal.com/

What happens when you click on the uninstaller in Add/Remove?

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:25 PM

When clicking on AOIL Uninstaller to remove, it ask me to choose from searching for AOL version, of which there are none, however the AOL Uninstaller remains.

I will check out the site you have provided.

Thank you.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#4 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:46 PM

I admit that I gave up double clicking items and started deleting a few of them were deleted,
quite a few of them went to the Recycle bin, but did not disappear from the file,
(the listing remained), many were unable to delete, but almost all stayed listed in the search result file.

Thanks,

Jove

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:00 AM

Maybe this free tool will work (haven't tried it myself): http://www.mrtech.com/news/messages/4617.html
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 safarifox

safarifox

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:37 PM

I admit that I gave up double clicking items and started deleting a few of them were deleted,
quite a few of them went to the Recycle bin, but did not disappear from the file,
(the listing remained), many were unable to delete, but almost all stayed listed in the search result file.

Thanks,

Jove

I had the same problem that you did until a few minutes ago. I went to control panel -> uninstall programs, and clicked on the Aol uninstaller and searched for versions of Aol. It found Aol 9.0, the only version I had ever installed, and I uninstalled it. During the uninstallation, I was given the choice of keeping certain files by checking the boxes next to them, and they were already prechecked, so I unchecked them all. Then I rebooted my comp. After my comp came back on, I went to control panel -> uninstall programs, and the Aol uninstaller was gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users