Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Resolution Will Not Stay At 1024x768

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ercornel

ercornel

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:29 AM

I am running WinXP SP2 with an ATI radeon express 200 video card. Every time I start the computer it reverts the screen resolution to 640x480. When I change the display settings to 1024x768 it keeps it until the system is restarted. I have checked and updated display and monitor drivers and I believe I have turned off any accessability options changes that have been made. I there someplace else I need to be looking to change the default screen resolution? Every place I have searched about this problem I find safe mode stuff but not regular operation solutions. Somebody please tell me that there is something I am missing so I can correct this. (Also when the system starts the monitor displays a small box that says VGA, I'm not sure if this is the issue)
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:26 PM

It sounds like the new driver installation did not install. I'd uninstall/ reinstall again to make sure. Does Device Manager show any yellow exclamation points by display device or display adapters?
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 23 November 2007 - 01:26 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 ercornel

ercornel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:19 PM

No yellow exclamations. Driver update says I have the most current driver for the vid card. This issue is starting to really tick me off. I may just dump and reload the whole darn system.

#4 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:33 PM

You could try uninstalling anything to do with video in the Device Manager and rebooting, so that Windows has to find and reinstall your latest drivers. Worth a try.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users