Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Signal To Moniter

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 darkside701

darkside701

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:25 AM

I recently installed the UT3 demo on my computer and everytime I try to play it I get through the intro and adds and then the screen goes black and my moniter says that there is no signal to it, then when I hit restart my keyboard and mouse don't turn on so I have to disconnect the computer from the outlet and then plug it back in and start it to get them to work. Moniter is a polyview and graphics card is 6800gt. Thanks for any advice

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:52 PM

Try updating your graphics drivers To the latest from Nvidia, And make sure you have DX9 installed.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 darkside701

darkside701
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:40 PM

I have DX9.0c installed but as far as videocard drivers go everytime I try to launch games like halflife2 steam will tell me that my videocard drivers are out of date however when I goto nvidias site and try to install the newest drivers it says that my system is up to date and won't let me install anything.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2007 - 06:08 PM

What driver driver version do you have?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#5 darkside701

darkside701
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:39 PM

Driver Details
Windows XP pro
Nvidia Geforce 6800 series
Version 6.14.11.6371

Not sure what has been wrong in the past but I tried a second time and the drivers were installed, after restarting I tried ut3 again and same thing happened this time however after a minute or so I got a blue screen of death stating that the "device driver is stuck in an infinite loop" or something along those lines.

Edited by darkside701, 23 November 2007 - 10:57 PM.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 12:24 AM

The "Device driver is stuck in an Infinite loop" error message is usually the result of a system communication problem.

Check that your motherboard has the latest Bios update
Check that you have an adequate power supply and a compatible one.
Disable or enable AGP fast write and test your system. You can disable fast write with Riva Tuner
Set your memory settings in the BIOS less aggressively and test.

Obtain the latest chipset drivers from the motherboard manufacturer.

Also read this post
Eliminating the nVidia Infinite Loop error
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:35 AM

You can also use 3dmark to test the graphics card after you make changes. Worst case scenario is the card is dying on you. Since it only does this with one game this may not be the true.

Edit: wording

Edited by Sneakycyber, 24 November 2007 - 05:36 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#8 darkside701

darkside701
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 12:14 PM

Alright lets see my motherboard is K8N4-E deluxe and is PCI-E not AGP. Next thing would be I have never done anything BIOS related before so I am not sure how to check if it needs to be updated or how to use it to change my memory settings. I suppose the only semi good news is that I was planning on replacing the graphics card in the near future so if thats the problem it wont be so for long.

#9 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 01:07 PM

According to Asus web site the latest bios revision was posted in 2006. When rebooting your computer during the post test it should tell you what bios version you have. If the computer displays the Asus or manufacture logo during booting you can disable this in the bios menu.
The latest beta version of the bios is 1011.003.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 01:57 PM

In your manual section 4-1 deals with upgrading the bios
This is your manual in .pdf, 4MB download
http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock75...n4-e_deluxe.pdf

Make a copy of the original Bios to a floppy first,Just in case. Explained in section 4

Also this noye on the ASUS site:

WinXP

Version 6.66 2005/08/26 update

Description nVIDIA Chipset(CK804) driver version V6.66 for Windows 2000/XP(WHQL)
To avoid crashing while system boots, please do update the chipset driver to version 6.66 or later prior before updating K8N4-E Deluxe Release BIOS version 1007 or later.

File Size 37.76 (MBytes)

http://support.asus.com/download/download_...K8N4-E%20Deluxe

Edited by boopme, 24 November 2007 - 01:59 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#11 darkside701

darkside701
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:03 PM

Been a little busy but I am looking into it now thanks for the info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users