Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! I Can't Get Rid Of It!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shawncc14

shawncc14

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:46 AM

First off, I've been on many forums before, and I know that the standard protocol before posting is to search, however, I have no idea what to even search, so my only option is to post.

Anyway, 1-2 weeks ago I unknowingly installed some viruses/spyware on my computer without even knowing it. I have SpySweeper installed on my computer, yet it didn't catch it. I turned on my computer the next day......bam, pop ups and something in the bottom right hand corner telling me I had malware and telling me to install programs. I knew this was spyware, and that it WASN'T trying to help me out. I tried everything to delete it, I had 4 different anti-spyware and anti-virus software programs running to try and delete this bleep. Safe mode, normal...didn't work. I ended up giving up and formatting my computer. Perfect.

Then a couple days ago, I had a friend over. He went on his myspace and decided to click some link. My computer froze, and the day afterwards, I had the exact same crap as before. So, last night, I found out that CounterSpy will remove the spyware...however a day later, it came back. I just ran CounterSpy again, and its gone for now. What can I do to keep it gone?! I ran Hijack this and removed 2-3 items that I found were possible spyware applications, however, I'm still worried it'll come back.

I can run SpySweeper and CounterSpy all day and all night, they're still not finding whatever is re-installing this stuff. Hopefully somebody with some skills can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for any and all help guys!!

Edited by shawncc14, 23 November 2007 - 01:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:36 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

First run this BC Tutorial How to remove the Smitfraud/Generic Zlob Skip to the removal section there.

Follow by installing RogueRemover to your desktop.
Double-click on rr-free-setup.exe to install in C:\Program Files\RogueRemover and follow the prompts. Open it.
Update it and scan. Click Yes to Remove anything it finds. Close Application
If using Windows Vista be sure to Run As Administrator

Finally run the Free Home Version of SUPERAntiSypware.
Download and install. Click the desktop icon it created and.
Open the program and update it.
In Scanner Options have only these checked
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining

NOW boot into Safe Mode
Open Super again fro the Icon or Program files List
Perform a Complete Scan
When done Click OK in the summary screen and remove all items found
Click Fimish and reboot PC to Normal mode.

NOTE: All Blue Words are Instruction links

Edited by boopme, 23 November 2007 - 07:37 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users