Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is There A Program?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mitco39

Mitco39

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:18 AM

Ok, what im asking is a little complicated by try and bear with me.

First of all a friend of mine is a manager of a local body shop and he asked me to try to figure out a way to allow multiple computers on a LAN network to have a virtual desktop in a sense that it will communicate with a central Computer and pull information from Microsoft access and allow certain people to access it.

Its hard to explain...

Im not to familiar with Microsoft access but appearantly you can make desktop icons for certain tasks which in this case will be work orders. What he wants is to be able for each individual who works at the body shop (everyone has different tasks) to login and see the work orders that needs to be done by them within an amount of time as required by the manager. These work orders he wants to appear on the desktop as icons that can be easily opened which will open access and pull up in detail all about the information on that particular vehicle.

This way say if Joe calls about his car, it would be very easy for the secretary to open up access and pull up the file on the car and see the current information on that car... Like for example the secretary would be able to see if its going in for painting and when its scheduled to be done by.

Im not sure if this makes any sense as its hard to explain over the computer, but i know there must be programs that use a similar computer program in order to achieve a higher overall effectiveness of the business.

I tried searching Google, but nothing close to what i was looking for would come up... so i figured i would try here and see if anyone on here has any experience with any kind of similar program.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users