Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows ME

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HUGED1

HUGED1

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:57 AM

When I open the My Pictures folder I get this message: Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly. Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Whether I click yes or no I get this message: Line 279, Character 17, Error: Automation Server can't create object, Code 0, URL File: //C:\windows\web\imgview.htt.

I have Googled & searched everywhere to no avail. :thumbsup: Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 20 February 2005 - 12:10 PM

Ed, I found someone with the same problem and they had as much luck as you. Here's the story and link. Maybe the same thing will work for you as it did for them. They were able to solve the issue. If this is no help, please post back so we can try again.

Script Error

Good luck.

~67~

#3 HUGED1

HUGED1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 20 February 2005 - 12:45 PM

TexasAngel, you are one. I thought I had searched Annoyances thoroughly but I missed that one. Worked like a charm. First time in 3 months I have been able to open that folder. :flowers: :trumpet: :thumbsup:
Thank you,
Ed.

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 20 February 2005 - 01:27 PM

Thanks for posting back that it worked so that others may learn from your experience.

Awesome find TX!! Great job!
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#5 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 28 February 2005 - 12:11 PM

Ed and Jason, I just now saw this. I'm thrilled it worked for you.
Always so glad to help. Wish I had as much luck with your latest
error. I love happy fixes, :thumbsup: .

~67~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users