Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having Trouble With Hardware After Motherboard Install

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 grendelvamp

grendelvamp

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:43 PM

Hey guys,

After installing my motherboard Windows doesn't seem to recognize my wireless Logitech keyboard. Its an old model and I can't find the drivers for it. Also the driver disc that came with it won't work on Vista.

My microphone stopped working also, its a headset/microphone and the headset speakers work just fine.

I'm not sure if there was something more I should've done upon installing the motherboard to ensure no problems with compatibility.

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:09 AM

Could be the problem is more tecnical than just getting the right drivers, since it's all more or less dead.
If it's that wiring with the leds and all on the mb it can be a pain to figure out. Try the mb manual, but that's just speculation.
First thing I'd do though, is visit logitech home.
Look for a up-to-date driver.
If you trying to run 64bit vista, it's likely there isn't any I think and you might have a problem.
Got problems like that of my own.
No use in trying x64, xp 32 only probably in that case.

I wish you luck. :thumbsup:

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:25 AM

Do you have a PS/2 keyboard that you can try? If it works go into the BIOS and see if you need to enable the USB keyboard.

What model is your logitech keyboard?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 grendelvamp

grendelvamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:39 AM

Yes, I've been using the ps/2 keyboard, it works fine. I also made sure that the USB keyboard support was on in BIOS. the model keyboard i have is the logitech y-rk56, deluxe cordless desktop. I can't find the drivers anywhere?

I still can't get my microphone to work. The built in mic on my webcam seems to be working, but my headset/mic isn't workting at all.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:23 AM

You might try contacting logitech and see if they can help you out with the drivers. If what I understand is correct you should still be able to use that keyboard without the drivers, you just won't be able to use the special features.

Have you tried changing the batteries? How far away from the case is the keyboard?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 grendelvamp

grendelvamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:42 AM

I've tried the batteries. The receiver and the keyboard are less than two feet away from one another.

#7 grendelvamp

grendelvamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:28 AM

I called logitech and they had nothing to say about the drivers, but they did let me know how to fix the keyboard. I had to force the encryption to restart, by pressing CTRL + ALT + F12, then the connect button

on the receiver, then the connect button on the keyboard, then ESC. The keyboard is working fine now. Still haven't tackled the problem with my microphone. I'll continue my investigation. Any help would be

greatly appreciated.

#8 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:47 PM

Where are you plugging the Headset in? Are you using the front panel connectors or the connectors on the rear of the motherboard? Some motherboards disable the rear connections if your using the front panel connections. What make and model is the new motherboard?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#9 grendelvamp

grendelvamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:09 PM

I'm actually plugged into a sound card, Sound Blaster Audigy. As far as the make and model of my motherboard, it is a Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2. I was using a PCCHIPS A33G.

#10 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2007 - 06:21 PM

Go into the bios menu under 2-3 Integrated Peripherals and change the onboard audio to disable. Reboot and reinstall your soundblaster drivers. See if that works
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#11 grendelvamp

grendelvamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:59 PM

Okay, sorry for the delay. I've tried that, it didn't fix the problem. Its recognizing my Audigy in my device manager. But Vista isn't reading any input from my mic. The output on the sound card is fine.

#12 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:50 PM

Which Audigy Card is it? Is the Mic input selectable for a different function? I looked up the manuals on Soundblaster.com but theres quite a few different models.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#13 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:59 PM

un mute the mic in volume controls
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#14 grendelvamp

grendelvamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:14 PM

Sorry for the delay. It is the Audigy, nothing fancy, box said audigy. I'm old school. Not really, just broke. Mic is un-muted, still not registering input. Would the change in chipset with the motherboards have

anything to do with this problem? Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users