Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any opinions about XP Pro x64 Edition?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 austria_100

austria_100

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 20 February 2005 - 07:23 AM

I'm looking into buying a new PC, as my current one is rather archaic. The sales guy I talked to yesterday said I should wait for XP Prox x64 to come out rather than buy XP Pro now. I'll be getting into high-end radio-control flight sims. I've also been doing quite a bit with my new digital camera--editing and uploading to Photoshop for friends & family to view. I'm looking for the fastest, best performance possible.

Thanks !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jpbc9999

jpbc9999

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:13 AM

Its been a topic hashed around for some time now. The way I see it...after much debate and though... i'm prolly gonna get a new pc with a 64 chp in it wtih 32 bit capacity. And right now you can get the new windows xp 64 version FREE. So ill prolly run and test the bete version. I'll most liekly get rid of it and use the chip in 32 mode for regular xp and gamin. I only want one for the processing power.

"aveg usere has no need"; of all people with suv...how many actually need them?

For flight sims and gamin and picture stuff...yea theres somewhat a need. But theres still not much software written in 64 bit for much of anything. You probably keep it in 32 bit mode all the time. Youll be waiting over a year for the new windows too. Unlesss you test bete.

Hey...anyone know details of proccessing difference in 64 and 32 bit chips? I heard its like the 64 can crunch larger chunks of info in one cycle compared to 32...does this mean that the 64s could actully run slower but still process more info than 32? ty joe

ps i see no need for xp pro. in all honest i see no need for new windows...but i test it for free. im not sure if youd benninfit from havin it now though...as u use comp differently. id do a bit more research there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users