Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Browser Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Roadblock

Roadblock

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:25 AM

Hey there,

I was wondering if theres any program or any way to lock and password protect my 2 web browsers, (firefox, internet explorer). Currently i have to password protect my whole computer meaning i have to actually log in and type a password for my user and than it loads the personal settings etc..... I would like it to just load up my desktop immidiately when i turn on my computer without having to type in a password, it speeds up the boot time. It may only be a few seconds but its much less of a hassle. I know how to do this, but the problem is, that if i leave no password on my user, my brother will sneak onto my computer when im at work or school and will download stupid stuff even though i tell him never to touch my computer, and I'll come home with 101 virus's on it. So i want to not have a password log in, but just protect my browsers with a password, Is there any way, whether through windows or with a free program..

Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:25 AM

K-9 web protection software can be your friend.

http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

They offer a free version for home use.

With this software you will be able to block all or part of internet use, and can override any of the settings if you have the password that you create.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users