Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Skipping Playback

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 drmax

drmax

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:05 AM

Having looked through many of the forum topics already (as well as searching numerous other blogs/sites), I cannot seem to solve the problem of skipping during playback. Yes, I have have uninstalled and re-installed the sound card drivers several times and yes, I have ample RAM and other hardware resources to support error-free playback and yes, I have uninstalled and re-installed WMP (to include rolling back to a fresh install of WPM 10 instead of 11), and yes, I have installed a third-party player (Winamp), and yes, I have closed or disabled any other running programs that could be requesting resources and yes, playback still skips in all/numerous files formats (wma, mp3, mp4, etc.).

Any new ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:26 AM

did you load some "Iffy" codec packs that may be conflicting?

playback from what?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 drmax

drmax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:06 AM

I don't recall loading any weird codec packs however, after checking, I found one that looked strange and unistalled it - no effect.

As for the "from what," simple audio playing of songs from my HD using WMP 10 (songs that used to be fine as I recall).

Edited by drmax, 22 November 2007 - 11:06 AM.

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 22 November 2007 - 12:14 PM

WMP 11 made some system changes I couldn't fix/undo, what's task manager say about ram and cpu use right before and after you play an audio file?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#5 drmax

drmax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2007 - 05:34 PM

CPU usage 4% before initiating playback (WMP 10 now) and 16-38% when playing. PF usage 381 both prior and during.

I also went in and deleted about 300 temp and cookie files - no effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users