Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gps

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 michael49er

michael49er

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:55 PM

Hi I'm looking for GPS info, opinions, preferences. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,284 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2007 - 12:41 AM

Some guidelines would be helpful. Such as how much you're willing to spend. Does it need to be portable, as opposed to fixed within a vehicle? Do you want speech capability? TouchScreen? Marine capability? Turn By Turn?

Otherwise you'll be more confused with everyones idea thrown at you.

From something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16882117179

To

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16858720003

And everything in between.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 michael49er

michael49er
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:26 PM

Hi thank you I didn't think of new egg I was thinking $200 to $300 range, it seems garmin is the better unit?

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:35 PM

Find some in the price range you like and then go to google and type in the model number and review then search.

Like:

Garmin 2500 review on google.

#5 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:47 AM

I have a Garmin 530 and I like it, it talks to me. I checked all over the net for prices and found that I could get one from Ebay, only buy from a powerseller, cheaper than I could find one anywhere else. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#6 quentin002

quentin002

• Banned
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:43 AM

I recently purchased the Garmin nuvi 660 for my father for a road trip from the Midwest to New England, and also in his daily commute.
He thinks it's great, The product has performed great overall. Most of the features worked well. Here are some specs and reviews
http://gpstracklog.typepad.com/gps_tracklo...nuvi_660_2.html
It is a solid-performing and versatile GPS device that offers all the navigation basics, tools for the world traveler, Bluetooth, and more. you can look up the deal I used, drop a lot now, only $400
http://www.dealstudio.com/deallink.php?deal_id=70011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users