Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Whats Wrong With Need For Speed Prostreet Demo?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 echohunter

echohunter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:07 PM

Couple of days ago I downloaded Need for speed pro street demo and installed it but when I try to start the game my computer automatically restarts. Then I thought the demo was corrupted so I downloaded it from another website and installed it again but still when I try to start it my computer automatically restarts.

Edited by echohunter, 21 November 2007 - 06:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:33 PM

What are you system specs? A piece of your hardware might not be able to handle the game, even though I don't think this would cause your whole system to restart.

Have you updated your graphics drivers lately? What about direct X?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 echohunter

echohunter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:35 PM

I didn't update my graphic driver because the new driver had some problem so I rolled back to the old one and directx is updated. the requirements for need for speed pro street are Microsoft Windows XP / Vista, 2.8 GHz processor (3.0 GHz for Vista), 512 MB of system RAM (1 GB for Vista), 8.1 GB of free disk space, 128 MB graphics card with DirectX 9.0 Shader 2.0 support (nVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 / ATI Radeon 9500 or better), 8x DVD drive, 512 Kbps for online play, keyboard and mouse.

I have all of them except for 2.8 ghz processor. I think I have like 2.4 ghz processor but I have played games before that needs 2.4 ghz processor. why can't I play this game?

Edited by echohunter, 23 November 2007 - 05:41 PM.

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:19 AM

What if your graphics card though? Sometimes your graphics card can be better then the requirements (for example have 256mb and shader 3.0) and still not be good enough to play the game.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 echohunter

echohunter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:51 PM

why though?

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:01 PM

Well graphics cards can be very complicated. There's other factors to look at with graphics cards then just how many megabytes they have. These other factors are memory clock and memory interface, stream processors, core clock, and a few other things too.

If you have windows xp (might work under vista too) go to start, run, then type dxdiag. A box will pop up and click the tab that says display. Under that it should tell you what your graphics card is.

#7 echohunter

echohunter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2007 - 01:58 PM

Thank you for trying to help me.

#8 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:28 PM

You could try run with a minimum amount of background processes. If you shut down your anti-virus, then you best be off-line.

Have you tried have a look for a patch or try see if there are clues at the officiel nfs site.
Could be a game-specific related problem.

#9 echohunter

echohunter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:17 PM

I tried but still no luck. I have closed AVG and my firewall. i have also closed all the program that runs in the background. I don't think there is any patch or information about this problem on the site.

#10 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:01 PM

There are many options and I cannot go through them all. Not that I remember it all anyways, so you best bet is the nfs forum or support or google.

The way the game behaves leads me to think there is something wrong with the game or a conflict of sorts.

Have you got WMP codecs.
Have you tried disabling AA,AF,running at low resolution and maybe a refresh of 60 if you can. Not using forced refresh.
See if there are options to run the game in safe mode from windows or altering ingame settings.
Try start->run->programs, find it there and see what you can do.
Disable ingame video.

Is it a cracked game, y'know it could have something to do with that. Don't seem to be and then this would be the wrong board.

Don't know what else I can think of at the moment.

#11 echohunter

echohunter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:25 PM

I don't know if I have wmp codecs. I tried it in safe mode. No it is not cracked.

Edited by echohunter, 29 November 2007 - 03:58 PM.

#12 Billiel

Billiel

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:50 PM

Hi, i am also having the same problem. but me and my friend are having the same problem.

But we both are using AMD CPU.

But i tired installing on my other com ( Which Spec is Lousier) but its with Intel CPU works, but it was god damn lag.

Is it because AMD dun support the game?

What u guys think? :thumbsup:

Well it happens on both DEMO and The Actual GAME.

#13 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:55 PM

Whats your graphics card? Try updating the drivers for your graphics.

#14 echohunter

echohunter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:01 PM

I can't update my graphic driver because if i do some of the other game will not work. I tried updating it and i couldn't play any games at all. I am using AMD too. Need for speed carbon works on my cousin's computer just fine and he has Intel. AMD does support the game I have played the need for speed carbon demo long ago.

#15 echohunter

echohunter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:00 PM

My problem is fixed!! :trumpet: :thumbsup:
I tried updating driver but didn't work then i reinstalled my old driver and it worked. Thanx for all your help!! :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users