Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Bought A Honda 450r Racing Atv

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:40 AM

My friend got a raptor 660. Well I always wanted a 450r but he let me drive the raptor and wow was it fun. These things have extreme power. Its wayyyy faster than any car can take off or most of them. You can just throttle it up in first and ride a wheelie.

Plus they go like 80mph in a matter of seconds. Its like driving a sport bike. I am going to upload a picture. We are having a blast with this thing let me tell you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,026 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2007 - 02:13 PM

Sounds great !!! Have fun and be careful don't hit the groundhogs :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:03 PM

CGM3 -

Be careful out there. :thumbsup: I hope you enjoy your new ride.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2007 - 12:04 AM

Everyone wants me to be careful I know....

My dad says its scary fast. The stories of this thing have went to the family and my cousins cant drive it until there dad comes later on today(it 12:03am) because there mom is scared. She was told of how my dad fell off my friends raptor and how this thing is powerful and dangerous. Being a worry wart. There dad said they could so....He told my aunt one time she need to go live in a white box with no windows so she can be safe.

#5 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 22 November 2007 - 12:17 AM

Sounds like fun ! just curious are you more like the first guy or the second :thumbsup:
http://www.xspeedunleashed.com/images/josh%20at%20lovers.jpg
http://photos.motorcycle-usa.com/168_6854V.jpg

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:38 AM

I have a friend that has a pair of platinum rods in his back because his ATV did a wheelie and continued over on top of him. Remember that the machine has no conscience or respect, it's all up to you.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:28 PM

I have known you for a while now, CGM3, and hence the caution - you are a friend. Being older, and seeing a couple of ATV trips go bad, it tarnishes my view somewhat. I love to ride them too. They are a blast - especially with the right mixture of mud! Have fun and be safe! :thumbsup:

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#8 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:41 PM

I know trust me I am a safety type. This thing scares me...

Got my family over today and wow they liked it. Got more family over tomorrow to play with it.

Who am I?

Well I am both pictures. I jump the terrises around here on the farm and I get cow poop all in my face from riding in the fields. Had TWO big blobs of it hit me tonight getting the animals up and earlier I got my clean shirt all poop covered from jumping in a field where the cows are at.

I will get a pic or two up tomorrow. I always have been a atv rider every since we got our first atv.

Jumps are fun on this as the shocks are so great for it. Like landing on a pillow.

#9 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:32 AM

I would treat these machines with utmost respect.They are very dangerous.If I owned one I would have full Harness and build a roll cage,as so many accidents,the ATV lands on top of you resulting often in Spinal injuries.My next door neighbour works for Yamaha head office here in Sydney and I have been at his work and ridden the 650CC.Too much power,IMO.
He could buy one for near half retail price, and wouldn't as they even scared him.He has 3 Yamaha Motor cycles,but doesn't wan't to end up in a wheel chair,as they are very unpredictable,in rough terrain.

Edited by DSTM, 23 November 2007 - 08:33 AM.

#10 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:24 PM

Yeah I raced the raptor 660 and won....Its got more pickup than those....Its nuts let me tell you. Much more fun than riding go carts. If I sell it and make nothing then I would be happy as I got to ride one. So did the rest of my family. Got it stuck in the mud today its not a mud machine. Throws the stuff ALL over you with its tiny fenders.

#11 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:31 PM

Never, ever wear a helmet or any other safety gear while doing such games.

Forest Gump's Moma said... stupid is as....

Enjoy the rides CGM3.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#12 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:17 AM

It was a Raptor 660, and not a 650, as I originally posted.Some time ago and I had forgotten.One awsome machine IMO.
I was stating to be carefull, and threat this machine with respect,as it can bite you real quick.
Not to wear a seatbelt or head protection is only inviting disaster. Nobody wants to fall off and hit their head and end up talking like Chewbacca (Starwars) for the rest of their lives.
Enjoy the experience 'CGM3' :thumbsup:

#13 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:51 PM

No seatbelts are on any atv I know of.
Sadly it goes up for sale soon.Hoping to make a profit. Maybe one day I will buy another.
I will put up a picture of it soon. Its all dirty now and needs to be cleaned.

#14 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:41 PM

Sadly it goes up for sale soon.

Bummer. Never had one but, I'd like to have one of the Honda Fourtrax Foreman 4x4's myself

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#15 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:33 PM

4x4s are nice for mud but bad for speed and gas. And they dont turn sharp by no means.

Yeah its a bummer. I go get back on my fourtrax and ask, where is the power at....

Well I bought it to resell it. I will get another one day its just I have a car payment I need to pay and I want to just outright pay the car off before the
term so I can save on interest!

I have had so much fun.

We are getting my youth Pastor from Church over this Saturday probably to ride it and my friends raptor 660.

I cant believe I have not got a picture up yet. I have been so busy....
Here is the craigslist with the pics:
http://greenville.craigslist.org/rvs/491252278.html

Very big pics....Buyers like those type.

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 02 December 2007 - 11:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users