Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Think A Virus Has Left Behind Something Or Damaged Something?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Megagents

Megagents

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:53 AM

After I got rid of this virus called Ultimate Cleaner, I think it may have left something behind or deleted something in my files. Whenever I turn my computer on I'll get two small windows, the first says:

RUNDLL

Error loading E:\Program Files\xoluzylg\jivoxefgid ll

The specified module could not be found

the seconds says:

RUNDLL

Error loading E:\WINDOWS\system32\txwby qypidll

Access is denied

So far nothing has really changed except now a black screen pops up after the loading page. On the page the following is shown:

RAGE 128 GL AGP PIN 113-60606-100

I have to press a key on the keyboard to advance. Sometimes the computer will make it to where the icons are but the arrow won't move.

Now I've tried everything people have offered, even the set-ups that this site tells people to do before asking. Enough is enough, I doubt that Ultimate Cleaner is still in my computer, there is NO signs towards it. When I look at the 2 windows that pop up I don't get the feeling that I need to go through the same process that I did with Ultimate Cleaner because I did it 3 times already! I really think something is damaged and needs repair because I've been searching through my files and surfing the net and things have been going smoothly, it's starting up my computer that is messed up.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,136 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:12 AM

Did you follow the the instructions in BC's self-help tutorial: How to remove Ultimate Cleaner?

If not, please do so. Then download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and unzip into the program's folder.)
  • Under "General and Startup", make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
  • Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
  • Click the Scanning Control tab.
  • Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
  • Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
  • Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
  • Click Close to exit the program.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Megagents

Megagents
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:04 PM

Didn't work.

Edited by Megagents, 21 November 2007 - 07:21 PM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,136 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2007 - 05:32 PM

While I understanding your frustration, there are no shortcuts or guarantees when it comes to malware removal. Sometimes it takes several efforts with different tools to do the job. Even then, with newer types of malware infections, the task can be arduous. Further, the staff at BC and most on-line community forums are all volunteers who contribute to helping members as time permits us.

Are you still getting the two startup errors related to those .dll files you mentioned earlier? RunDLL32.exe is a legit Windows file that loads .dll files which too can be legit or malware related. The Cannot find or error loading message usually occurs when the associated .dll has been removed and it then becomes an orphaned entry in the registry. The file may have been removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan, the uninstall of a program or use of a specialized fix tool. However, the associated registry entry remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. If you are still getting these errors we need to remove the associated registry entry so Windows stops searching for the program when it loads.

However, its possible your encountering hardware/driver issues in addition to malware which are complicating things. RAGE 128 GL AGP PIN appears to be a video driver issue related to ATI Rage 128 Drivers. Are you using ATI? If so, you may need to update your drivers or perform some tests on your video card. There are suggestions for troubleshooting video cards here and here. You also may want to check with the vendor's Customer Care for ATI Products.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users