Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Automatically Start Up On My Account

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:51 AM

One day my friend told me to hold the windows button and press L. This took me to that screen where you see all your user accounts and click the icon to log on. Anyways ever since I did that, whenever I turn my computer on it goes into this screen instead of just logging onto my account (which is the only account on this computer). Also, whenever my screensaver comes up, it goes to this screen. So any one please tell me how to let it automatically log onto my account, and not go onto this screen when my computer goes to screensaver. I'm running windows XP with SP2.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:54 AM

Try this:

1. Click Start, click Run, and type control userpasswords2.

2. Clear the Users must enter a username and password to use this computer check box.

3. Click Apply.

4. Enter the user name and password you wish to automatically log on with, and then click OK.

5. Click OK again.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:05 AM

Thank you so much! That fixed my problem!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:08 AM

You're welcome :thumbsup:
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users