Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Boss Is Watching Me!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 dortmund23

dortmund23

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:49 AM

The tech at my work place installed Web Watcher.http://www.webwatcherkids.com/ on all of the office's PCs.I know that it is on my PC for a fact because I saw him install it. It is very sneaky. doesn't show up in registry,task manager and is web based. It is a keylogger and URL grabber. It monitors emails and all web activity. It can even keylog while the pc is not hooked up to the internet then send the data later when internet is activated.

Is there a way to disable the software temporarily while I am using the internet? Is there a way to mask were I go and what I type?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:06 PM

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.

The above quote taken from the Forum Rules here.

You have admitted that these are work computers. They do not belong to you. What you are asking is for, us to be an accomplice to an illegal act of tampering with property that does not belong to you. This topic is closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users