Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registrybooster Won't Run

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rosey1942

rosey1942

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:43 AM

I downloaded the registrybooster file to try and boost the speed of my old puter, but when I try to ecexute it I get the following: "This program cannot be installed on a server edition of windows"
Can anybody help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:15 AM

The download version I found said it works with 2000/XP and Vista. If it's the same thing, and since you posted in the windows 98 forum I'm guessing you are using windows 98 and it won't work in 98... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 rosey1942

rosey1942
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:48 PM

Thanks, Wildabeast.
I went back and saw indeed that it needs a newer version of Windows to work.
Is there anything that might speed up my Windows 98 computer?
Ken

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,240 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:23 PM

Here's a MSFT link to Make Windows go faster! for 98. It's been a while now for me but I remember there are some good things in there.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:30 AM

Thanks for the link boopme :thumbsup:

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,240 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:07 AM

You're welcome Keithuk
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users