Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vampire

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 athelos

athelos

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:34 AM

You have to forgive me for the sketchy details but i was young when this came out, I'm not even 100% sure thats what its called. It was around the time that Leisure suit larry was about (i can remember playing it though was to young to understand fully :thumbsup: ). I also remember having kings quest on the computer (the first one im thinking) so were probably looking at early 90's.

The game was an adventure game where you took on a character and explored the lands. Again I cant remember what the goal of the game is but i remember encountering a vampire and i think it revolved around this. It was one of the games where you had to type in commands to perform actions. So typing C would cast a spell or R would allow your character to rest.

A unique thing about the game that might jog your memories is that when the player died they were sent to heaven. You were then in another map in which you could explore. I think you could also get "ressurected" but I remember never getting that far.

I know this isnt alot to go on but I was on a trip down memory lane and it is really starting to bug me. I might even see if i can get hold of kings quest aswell for ol' time sakes!
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 22 November 2007 - 05:48 PM

Do a google search for "abandonware". These are games that are no longer
current and are generally available for free download. One of the sites might
just jog your memory.

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#3 athelos

athelos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:13 AM

Thanks for the tip raw.

Havent managed to find the one im thinking of yet but I've found so many more that i had forgotten. Monument of Mars, Crystal Cave, Jill of the Jungle, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, etc.

The site I found with these on even had videos of them being played *becomes overcome with nostalgia* aah memories.

Thanks again :thumbsup:
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users