Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

When running some programs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cacho15

cacho15

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 19 February 2005 - 05:42 PM

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition with SP2, and I set it with 5 different user accounts (all of them are administrators). The problem is, every time I try to run some programs (like Norton Antivirus) from an account other than the one in which it was installed, I get about 3-4 consecutive messeges that say "Preparing for installation" and I have to click "Cancell" in all of the in order to get the program to start. After this, the program works just fine, but its really annoying (and also, Norton is taking ages to run on startup, which I think may be related to this somehow). What can I do???

PS: I've already run Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, Spyware Doctor, HiJack This, and Registry Mechanic, all of them updated, so don't associate the startup slowness with any of those problems. And I'm certain I do not have any viruses either.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 20 February 2005 - 01:01 PM

You should let the installations go through from each account. Once they are done they should not come back again. This is because each user has their own registry section and the program has to install configurations into these areas

#3 cacho15

cacho15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:27 PM

Thank you so much dude!!! It worked! You're the man!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users