Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multi Cpu?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 micoa

micoa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:51 AM

how come it says i got two cpus.... i got a Intel Pentium 4, 3200 MHz (16 x 200)
what does it mean CPU#0 and CPU#1

CPU Properties
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 3200 MHz (16 x 200)
CPU Alias Prescott
CPU Stepping E0
Instruction Set x86, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3
Original Clock 3200 MHz
Min / Max CPU Multiplier 14x / 16x
Engineering Sample No
L1 Trace Cache 12K Instructions
L1 Data Cache 16 KB
L2 Cache 1 MB (On-Die, ECC, ATC, Full-Speed)

Multi CPU
Motherboard ID OEM00000 PROD00000000
CPU #0 IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 3.20GHz, 3207 MHz
CPU #1 IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 3.20GHz, 3207 MHz

CPU Manufacturer
Company Name Intel Corporation
Product Information http://www.intel.com/products/processor

CPU Utilization
CPU #1 / HTT Unit #1 1 %
CPU #1 / HTT Unit #2 1 %

Also how long do you think it would last for future gaming

Edited by micoa, 20 November 2007 - 06:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:46 AM

The 2 CPU's are there because Hyperthreading is enabled - this is a program that allows the computer to function as if there were 2 separate CPU's (even though you've only got 1 CPU).

If you're looking at newer games, then it's not going to hold up for long - the newer games will outstrip the capabilities of the system very quickly.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Robert Isbell

Robert Isbell

• Banned
  • 428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:04 PM

only a few games out even nick the capbilities of a dual core processor, and unless you're running high end monitors, and video cards in SLI. I'd say for most games that have come out, you're fine, an for ones out now like bioshock and the like, they need powerful video cards too, and memory. I would say depending on what games you want to play on it, will determine a definite answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users