Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi Everyone, I Have Just Arrived!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 goatman2

goatman2

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:13 AM

I seem to have acquired some malware or spyware on my PC. Following advice from Trend Micro, I ended up here!

I have an e machines 330, which has a Celeron processor. I have experienced a pop-up, which invited me to download anti malware software (which I declined). Following the advice here lead me to run Adaware quick scan, which, among other things, found something called Zamo, which I deleted. A full system scan by Adaware is currently underway and is taking hours!

I have a daily scan by Windows Defender and what gets me is that this did not detect this Zamo thing!!! I would be interested in people's opinion and experiences with Windows Defender.

Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:18 AM

Hello goatman2 and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:03 AM

Welcome to BC!
I think most Members prefer other anti-malware applications.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 goatman2

goatman2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:36 AM

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. I created a Hijackthis log first, before following the procedure of scans to my pc. spybot found a load of malware and claims to have deleted it. When I got to the Housecall scan I found that the program was terminated, presumably by something in control of my PC. During this Spybot advised me of registry changes and I allowed a few (to be remembered by spy bot). I think the pc is getting worse. Guess I should be posting this on a different thread!

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:52 AM

Yes, I would begin a post about this problem in the Am I Infected? Forum, summarising what has happened so far.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users