While TeaTimer is an excellent tool for the prevention of spyware, it can sometimes prevent HijackThis from fixing certain things.
Please disable TeaTimer for now until you are clean. TeaTimer can be re-activated once your HijackThis log is clean.
- Open Spybot Search & Destroy.
- In the Mode menu click "Advanced mode" if not already selected.
- Choose "Yes" at the Warning prompt.
- Expand the "Tools" menu.
- Click "Resident".
- Uncheck the "Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of overall system settings) active." box.
- In the File menu click "Exit" to exit Spybot Search & Destroy.
Please download VundoFix.exe
to your desktop
- Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
- Click the Scan for Vundo button.
- Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
- You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
- Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
- When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
- Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log in a reply to this thread.
Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove. In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo
button" when VundoFix appears upon rebooting.3.
Open HijackThis, click Config, click Misc Tools
Click "Open Uninstall Manager"
Click "Save List" (generates uninstall_list.txt)
Click Save, copy and paste the results in your next post.4.
Please download show-vundo.vbs
to your desktop
- Double-click show-vundo.vbs to run it.
- When completed, please post the contents of C:\vundo-bho.txt. and a new Hijackthis log in a reply to this thread.
Edited by lusitano, 20 November 2007 - 12:47 PM.