Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freaky Problem With Windows Media Player

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 kundavega

kundavega

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:52 PM

It is the oddest thing. My WMP 11 was working beautifully until today. It started by showing all of my blank CDs as full. So I went out and bought new blank CDs. They were still being shown as full. When I rebooted my computer and went back on to WMP it said I did not have a burner connected or no burner was detected. Now it won't even play a file and freezes when I click on anything. This all just happened so suddenly. I tried reinstalling WMP 11 twice. The problem still occurs with WMP 10. This is what the error report showed -

(I'd rather give this information via PM if anyone is interested in helping me) :thumbsup:

If anyone can help me out at all I would really appreciate it. It seems viral, but I am not sure about that.

Thanks in advance,

Rachel

Edited by kundavega, 20 November 2007 - 09:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:52 PM

Hi,

We really do not encourage helping through PM because it denies anyone else who may have the same problem an opportunity to fix their problem. Also, by doing so publicly, then you have an opportunity for more people to help, as well as prevent any bad advice from getting through.

The first two question are, did you install or uninstall anything before the problem occurred, and have you tried using the system restore yet?

#3 kundavega

kundavega
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:52 PM

Ohhh ok...got it :thumbsup:

Actually, I was just coming on to post that my brother came over and he thought the cd rom drive just had to be reconnected so he physically took it out of the cpu blew the dust off of it, reconnected it and now it is working beautifully. Thank you so much for responding though. Next time I will make sure to just post the report. I am kind of new to all of this technology (well not THAT new...but a slow learner) and I get worried about posting private information. My own personal paranoia problem!

Thanks again!

Rachel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users