Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winxp Pro And Barts P.e.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 suffolkpo

suffolkpo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:49 PM

I HAVE A QUESTION, I HAVE A SATA DRIVE ON WHICH XP PRO WAS INSTALLED. THE A/V REPORTED
A SUSPICIOUS PATTERN IN THE ROOT/ARCHIVE FOLDER OF WIN 2003, I QUARENTINED THE ENTIRE PROGRAM. THEN PURGED THE DRIVE WITH SECURE CLEAN AND THE A/V SHOWED NO FURTHER DISCREPENCY. A WEEK LATER WHEN i BOOTED UP i GOT THE ERROR MESSSAGE THAT THE NTOSKRNL COULD NOT BE FOUND. THE RECOVERY CONSOLE PARTITION OF THE DRIVE WAS GONE , THE BOOT SECTOR, I386, AS WELL AS MY NTBACK UP ON A SECOND DRIVE.
I REINSTALLED R/C ON ANOTHER DRIVE AND BOOTED TO THE DAMAGED DRIVE. I RESTORED THE SECTIONS WITH A XP MEDIA DISK I HAD FROM AN OEM, BUT IT STILL WONT BOOT-------
I THINK I READ SOMETHING THAT SAID USING THE OEM DISK WOULD INCORRECTLY LABEL THE BOOT NAME AS XP MEDIADOES THIS MATTER TO THE OS KRNL? ALSO I TRIED BARTS ULTIMATE PE BULIDER AND IT WONT COMPLETE THE BUILD, REPORTING IMAGE ERRORS,THAT NEED TO BE FIXED. WHEN i WENT TO EDIT THEN ERRORS i FOUND NO PROBLEMS IN THE DIRECTORY STRUCTURE. i EVEN WENT AS FAR AS TURNING OFF ALL THE READ ONLY AND HIDDEN ATTRIBUTES OF THE OEM DISK AFTER I HAD COPIED IT TO A SEPERATE DRIVE THAT HAS ITS ATTRIBUTES OPEN.???????????
OKAY SO NOW I,M DOWNLOADING WIN/PE FROM MICROSOFT. HOPINGI CAN GET A CLEAN INSTALL DISK.
IF I USE THIS WILL IT ERADICATE THE VOLUME LICENSE ON THE XP/PRO THATS CORRUPTED CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THESE THREE QUESTIONS ? THANKS BRIAN

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users