Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aliboy66

aliboy66

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:02 AM

Hi what it is my system restore only backs up 1 month it won't go back any further.I did download firefox as my default browser could this affected it.I can create a restore point,but that goes after a month my computer is working OK apart from system restore.Windows xp home edition Sp 2 is what i got can you help thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:10 AM

System Restore uses a fixed amount of space on the hard drive. So when a new restore point is created, an old one is deleted. There is an option to increase or decrease the amount of space used by System Restore under Settings.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:37 AM

Allocate more space for system restore:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...s.mspx?mfr=true

#4 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2007 - 04:03 AM

Hi its set 12%(M) is that OK.What does this mean I thought system restore you go back to when the computer was working better.I can restore back to the start of the month,on my sisters computer I can go back to September :thumbsup:

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 21 November 2007 - 04:09 AM

It may be that your sister's computer has more space allocated to system restore than your's does.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users